Here are some safety tips on using the Blossoms Dating Site. Online dating sites like Blossoms.com, a.k.a. Cherry Blossoms, are a popular form of social networking offering services to facilitate relationships between their members. However, the online environment also provides opportunities for scammers, including international criminal networks. The Blossoms Dating Team listed some crucial steps to help prevent fraud and protect members from falling victim to scams. (Note: Most of these critical tips were taken from the ACCC Best Practice Guidelines to reinforce the warnings’ consistency across the online dating industry).
- Know who you’re dealing with—never send money to anyone you have only met online.
- Avoid moving your conversations away from Blossoms.com. If someone asks to move your communications outside the site after only a few contacts, be careful—scammers often ask for personal contact details like email addresses. Moreover, they avoid using video messaging apps since they do not want their real identities known. Most Filipina and Asian women ask to use Skype, WhatsApp, or Zoom to see you (in real-time), which do not make them scammers.
- 10.2 Million Filipinos are working overseas in almost 100 countries. Many of our Filipina singles are OFW’s or Overseas Filipino Workers. Contact from Filipinas from outside the Philippines does not make it more likely that they are scammers. They may be indeed working abroad.
- If someone asks you to transfer money to them via a wire service, don’t do it—scammers also use money orders, bank transfers, pre-loaded cards, and electronic currencies (e.g., bitcoin).
- If someone you have just met online says they need your help or money, it’s probably a scam.
- Don’t share your banking or credit card details with anyone you have only met online.
- Some scammers may ask for a loan or co-invest in a business venture, typically with a too-good-to-be-true return on investment. Any ‘investment’ in these scams will equate to a loss.
- Don’t encash or deposit a cheque for someone you have only met online. Scammers will ask you to send them money before the cheque clears, and the cheques are always wrong. Never commit to any bank or monetary transaction for someone you have only met online.
- Anyone can fall for a scam—be careful and report any suspicious conduct. Scammers use other people’s profiles and make you think they are authentic, but they are most likely from another country. These men (and in some cases women) prey on your vulnerabilities, knowing just the right words to say to charm you, hook you in, then ask for money.
- If what you see and hear from someone does not match their profile, be careful— “catfishing” could lead to scamming.
- Even though the Blossoms Dating Support Team conducts a detailed check on all new registrations, you can use image search services such as Google or TinEye to double-check your potential partner’s image to help determine if they are who they say they are.
- Beware of accepting gifts that could be concealing drugs. Some scam victims have unwittingly carried drugs through customs in luggage given to them as a present.
- Do not agree to transfer money or send valuable items for someone else: money laundering and drug trafficking are criminal offenses.
- Never share your password or login details with other members. Anyone with your email address and password can access your Blossoms Dating account and change your personal information.
- Do not give anyone your credit card number, social security number, banking information, or home address. There is no reason to provide these personal details to anyone. Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts to trick you into revealing any of this personal information.
- Create an email address just for online dating. You will be creating a second layer of protection against identity theft, and it makes keeping track of your incoming www.blossoms.com mail accessible.
- Ask for updated and current photographs. If you are talking to a legitimate person, they will be happy to share photos of themselves, their family, and their home.
- Ask for proof of identity. Ask your online date to send you a screenshot of any identity document. For example, the Blossoms Dating Support Team asks members considered “under review,” to furnish this so that their identities are verified.
- Scammers are known to blackmail their targets using compromising material. Never share intimate photos or videos with prospective partners, especially if you’ve never met them.
- “When in doubt, don’t.” – Benjamin Franklin.
You can gain insight and a better understanding of the person you meet and become interested in at Blossoms Dating by open, honest communication and face-to-face interaction (even through video calls). If you know that the person you met online is a genuine person with a face to match their profile, do you give them money? What is the status of your relationship? How long have you been in the relationship? Can you establish who they are and verify what the money is for?
Be aware of the precise circumstances why they asked for money. You might consider wanting to help them to take the relationship to the next level. On the other hand, if the person you are dating asked you for money after a short time, you should be concerned. If they get upset when you choose not to give them any financial aid, that reveals who they are.
Even with family or friends, giving money often causes a rift in relationships. Remember, never loan or give money away that you can’t afford to lose forever.
Have some idea of what you want in a relationship. Do you want children? Is it okay if your partner has a child? Are you athletic? Religious? Do you smoke or drink? What qualities are you looking for in a partner? What age range is appealing to you?
Isn’t it so much easier to focus on what you want if you have some idea? Consequently, isn’t it also easier to move on if someone turns out not to be the person for you?
With over 70,000 Filipina and other Asian women online actively looking for commitment, love and romance, you have numerous choices! Why not keep looking until you find her?