We have listed a reasonably comprehensive list of tips on how to look good in online dating profile photos. Your profile photos in Cherry Blossoms Dating play a vital role in socializing successfully with other members, so you want to look your unquestionable best. Each of us scans hundreds of profile photos, but only some of them catch our attention and interest.
These tips on how to look good in profile pictures are all guaranteed to work. These are photo do’s and don’ts that work for both genders and are easy-to-implement strategies.
You’re likely to get some quality images using a smartphone. But, the closer the smartphone lens is to your face, the flatter and broader your face will look, especially your nose. Accordingly, try to find a friend or someone who can take a good photo of you from a distance, even if they need to zoom in slightly. The quality of the image will be satisfactory.
Natural light is your best option to take first-class photos. Shoot inside a room near the window, or choose a place under the tree. Professional photographers know that the best time to take a photo outside is after sunrise or right before sunset. So, take advantage of the golden hour.
A camera’s direct flash instantly adds seven years to your perceived age in photographs. The flash’s blinding artificial light creates hard shadows and highlights imperfections, two things you want to avoid. So, don’t use flash.
The most effective composition for a primary online dating photo is a more formal portrait starting around your chest and extending to about 2 inches above your head.
You don’t want to include a full-body or even a three-quarter body shot in your primary dating profile photo. Your head and face will be small in the thumbnail image it might be challenging for people to view.
Use colors in your primary online dating profile photo that are contrasting to the color scheme of Cherry Blossoms Dating. The primary color on www.blossoms.com is red, so add green to your image, and it will become more eye-catching.
Show your left side.
Research shows that both sexes strongly prefer left-sided online dating profile photos. The researchers theorized that since the right half of your brain is more involved with regulating your emotions and controls the muscles on your left side, your left cheek is more expressive.
Research has found that posture matters. Good posture is associated with confidence, and confidence is always sexy. People with good posture in their online dating profile photos are considered to be more attractive.
Look directly into the camera.
We highly recommend shooting full-face. The profiles which include such photos are more popular. An open pose and spread shoulders are perceived as signs of competence and trustworthiness.
In a PhotoFeeler study, it was determined that if you’re looking at the camera, you’re regarded as most attractive and charming when you’re smiling. Smiling didn’t seem to make a difference if you’re not looking at the lens.
PhotoFeeler also researched what kind of smile looks best. You’re considered more competent, likable, and influential if you flash a smile showing some teeth than people with a tight-lipped smile.
The results of an experiment by the University of Bern’s Department of Psychology revealed that the intensity of a smile strongly influences the evaluation of attractiveness expressed on a face: “a happy facial expression could even compensate for relative unattractiveness.”
To brighten your smile, it might also be a good idea to use a profile picture editor. According to a UK study, having white teeth is a sign of good health, making you more attractive to the opposite sex.
Emphasize your jawline.
Accentuating your jawline when you’re posing for an online dating profile photo can make you stand out. Here’s how to do it: Bring your head closer to the camera by moving your forehead forward and down just a little.
Use the most recent online dating profile photos.
Your profile picture shouldn’t mislead your potential dates. Uploading photographs taken five years ago isn’t a good idea. If you meet someone in person, it may surprise them that you look different from your profile image.
Don’t apply too many filters.
Don’t go crazy with various Snapchat filters or over-photoshopping to the point where you’re barely recognizable in your online dating profile photos. Do you want to lie about who you are? No, of course not.
More online dating profile photos, more dates.
Online dating profiles with pictures are nine times more likely to get interaction. Use your photos as a primary instrument to express who you are, what you love to do, where you love to go, and what type of lifestyle you lead. Ensuring that your dating profile is stocked with pictures of you smiling and enjoying life is the key to attracting attention. Upload a variety of images (a minimum of four) so that potential partners can get a genuine sense of what you look like, what you’re into, and so on.
Follow photo guidelines.
- Your kids shouldn’t be on their own. Your kids are adorable, but they can’t be on your profile picture unless you are in the image, too. Blossoms Dating is for 18+ years. Therefore, we don’t allow kids to be alone in photos, and all children must be fully clothed. This guideline is safer for you and your kids.
- Photos with family and friends are allowed. But you have to be visible in them because we want to know who you are!
- Your face must be evident in at least sixty percent of all your profile images. Please do not hide behind your phone or your hair.
- Your photo should have no watermarks, text overlay, or logos that obscure your face.
- No heavy editing, please. Images with cute, funny, or unusual stickers using Snapchat filters should not be uploaded as your main profile photo.
- You should have no personal and sensitive information in your photos.
- No nudity or any pornography.
- Please don’t upload images showing any illegal content, obscene, violent, or offensive materials that are gratuitously shocking, graphic, sadistic, or gruesome.
- Unless you are a military or law enforcement member, please do not upload photos that include guns.
- Bikini and swimwear photos (for women) and shirtless images (for men) are all right if you are outdoors, for instance, in a pool or at the beach.